Sunday 18 November 2012

An opinion essay (2nd of Batx.)

You can choose one of the following options or propose a different one:


  1. Hunting animals: a sport or a crime
  2. Men should do 50% of housework.
  3. The possession of marijuana must remain illegal.
  4. Do you think people in your country are eating better or worse than they used to?
  5. Playing video games is a waste of time. What do you think?
  6. The best things in life are free. What do you think?
  7. After school activities are important for students. 
  8. The future of Catalan
  9. What would you do to change the world? In your opinion, what are the most important problems? What would you do to solve them?  



Once you have written your first draft, go throught our "Writing Checklist" to see that you have not made any of the most common mistakes for a Catalan student. 


Some useful expressions to express you opinions:

  • Personally, I think.....
  • Personally speaking, I believe....
  • In my opinion,......
  • In my view, .........
  • From my point of view, ........
  • As I see it, ..............
  • It seems to me, .......
  • As far as I'm concerned, ...................
  • I strongly believe, .........


Happy writing!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I'll write about the last one. It seems to be a topic that has much to say ^^