Friday 7 February 2020

An opinion essay (1st of Batx.)

You can choose one of the following options or propose a different one:


- Live concerts are the best way to listen to music. What do you think? 

- My opinion about Instagram. / Twitter. / ...


- There is too much violence on TV/ computer games.


- Young people are not interested in politics. Do you agree?

- Which do you think is the best sport for a young person to take up?


- What would you do to change the world? In your opinion, what are the most important problems? What would you do to solve them?  


-  "Studying traditional degrees like philosophy and history is a waste of time and money." What's your opinion? 

"The teenage years are the most important years of your life" Do you agree? 


- Do you think today's educational system should change? Why? Why not?

- Do you think politics is an appropriate subject at school?



Once you have written your first draft, go throught our "Writing Checklist" to see that you have not made any of the most common mistakes for a Catalan student. 

Can you use any of the "Connectors and linking words" in our list to improve your composition. 


Some useful expressions to express you opinions:

  • Personally, I think.....
  • Personally speaking, I believe....
  • In my opinion,......
  • In my view, .........
  • From my point of view, ........
  • As I see it, ..............
  • It seems to me, .......
  • As far as I'm concerned, ...................
  • I strongly believe, .........
  • I am sure that ........


Happy writing!!!

No comments: