Friday 6 May 2016

EXPRESSIONS TO WALK AROUND THE WORLD (2)


Hi guys,  I'm back with more amazing British expressions. I hope you like them.


First, I have put some expressions related with the fish.

TO BE A BIG FISH
(Ser un pez gordo)

TO FEEL LIKE A FISH OUT OF WATER
(Sentirse fuera de lugar)

TO SOUND FISHY
(Sonar sospechoso)

TO DRINK LIKE A FISH
(Beber como un cosaco)




Also, I have found interesting these expressions that are related with vegetables.


Resultat d'imatges de couch potato
TO BE LIKE TWO PEAS IN A POD
(Ser como dos gotas de agua)


TO BE AS A COOL AS CUCUMBER
(Permanecer tranquilo en una situación difícil)


A COUCH POTATO
(Una persona sedentaria, poco activa)



By last, I want to give an expression you always have to keep in mind.

EVERY CLOUD HAS A SILVER LINING
(No hay mal que por bien no venga)


Bye!!

1 comment:

Sònia Turmo said...

Thank you so much Jazmin for this wonderful second release of British expressions!

My favourite one? Definitely the one about the cucumber! I love cucumbers.
So, I'll try to keep as cool as a cucumber whenever I can.

"It sounds fishy or it looks fishy" is very common. I have seen it and heard it many times.

Bye for now. See you in class!